20080607

It's time to tighten an old belt as the folks used to say-

Of course they meant less things, less trips, less nights out, less clothes.

Not exactly the same for me. I mean it more literally, haven't found enough to eat for a while now.

Maybe someday I'll find an actual belt to tighten. I found an inner-tube to a bike tire - I've cut and tied it around my waist.

There were these groups of people once "Back Then" who were against using animals for food and everything... Veaggin's or something. My sister was one I guess and she had all of these books on how to be cruelty free and stuff. So she would read the books and then bring home fake meats, and not-cheeses products, and purses made out of old billboards. And one day she brought home a pair of pants made out of old bike tires.

I thought it was stupid.

So now I sit here wearing recycled bicycle stuff, but I'd never say I'm saving the earth. I'm just trying to live on it.

And I don't eat meat but rarely, but it's not because I'm a Veaggin person. I'm not. I only get to eat what I can. See, I'm an Opportunist.

We all are nowadays.

We have to be.

No comments: